Friday, April 28, 2006

Color my world

today i grasped the opportunity to photograph an art class. since becoming more educated as to how much photography is an art, it has caused me to reach out to other artists and what they do.
today when i was there amongst there 5 ladies i thought of this familiar art quote:

I don't like to say I have given my life to art. I prefer to say art has given me my life.

it seemed to fit them and what they were doing. each a different walk of life, a different story, yet all a desire for art.

i was very impressed with the talent these ladies had. i enjoyed the atmosphere. thank you ladies you created that.

Iris Hauser, the art teacher giving them positive advice and encouragement today, is a very well known artist. her work is amazing. check out the link. here is some of the talent i captured.

i love the color in this one. it feels so warm and inviting

this is one of Iris's pieces hung in Anne's home.


This is one of Anne Nordstrom's. this is a painting of her grandmother.

i just was drawn to this cloth. the texture and colors all mixed together.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"truly a work of art Amanda"!
Love the change of seeing other artists work, through your work ;)

see ya tomorrow.