Monday, February 06, 2006

Ashley and Ryan

this weekend juanita and i did an engagement photo shoot. we had been very much anticipating this shoot and it was grand !!! this couple having both a bit of farm background in them...they were all about the cowboy hats! it's not very often you get a chance to shoot a hat like that in this city, so it was wonderful !

Ashley is one of the most positive people i have ever met. she was a breath of fresh air. Ryan, was quieter and maybe not as pumped as she was about the photo shoot, but we understand that.
it's a girl thing to get revved up for photos. right ladies ..... ? ! ?

it was very interesting..... at one of our 'little stops' we made for a unique photo, i casually said hello to a gentleman close by who was shoveling the snow from his walk. as it happens, he remembered me and my face . he is a goldsmith.and when kipp and i got married we went to him to custom make our wedding bands. if that is just not what Ashley was looking for. she was having trouble finding someone who could make a wedding ring to shape her beautiful diamond that ryan gave her. they chatted a bit and he past on a business card.
i think it was fate.

i just might have to make a business slogan out of it.... ;)

i would just like to say thank you to this couple. thank you for being so uplifting. thank you for being so fun. you two have a great bond and you wedding day will be just great. better yet - you have the rest of your lives together. the journey ahead. make the best of it. you only get one shot.
love is like life....
what you sow... you will reap .
congrats and best wishes..




a sak

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I had an awesome time. I will be honest, I wasn't too keen on the prospect of getting engagement photos. By the end of it all, I was cold and my feet were soaked, but I had a great time. Amanda and Jaunita were great to work with, and I got to be a model for a day, before returning to the routine of work. The photos look great, I can't wait to see the rest. I really like the way the scenery becomes just as much a part of the picture as the subjects are. I never thought I'd be in a picture that could have come out of a magazine.

My advice to all the guys out there, is to relax and have some fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow these pics are fantastic! My sister and Ryan look great. I am glad that you were able to capture their country hearts and spirit in some of these photos! Thank-you for helping my sister's dream wedding unfold into a reality!
Kim