Friday, October 20, 2006

Dream Photography Spotlight #1 - Brian V Kachur

i first met Brian at the Broadway Roastery for a coffee when he was inquiring about our services for his wedding day. from the word ' hello ' Brian came across as a very balanced individual. i sensed that there was great depth and talent within, but his humble attitude kept it from all pouring out just then.

we had the privilege of photographing Brian and Carla engagement and their wedding. great memories and fun times.

about 3 weeks ago i interview Brian and here is what i learned about him:


Name: Brian V Kachur
Webpage: www.bvkcreations.ca
Blog: www.drawingboard.org/blogs/bvkcreations/
Online store: www.cafepress.com/bvkcreations/
Occupation: Graphic design Artist focusing on drawings.
Home town: Saskatoon, but for now they live in Melville, Saskatchewan


A piece of equipment that I couldn't be without: my sketchpad and a pencil. My computer is a big part of my work, but all ideas start with the sketchpad and a pencil


My strength in my profession is: my creativity. When I am given an idea that comes from a person head or imagination. I am able to create it for them. This involves great listening skills and a creative mind to see what they are seeing too.

My weakness in my profession is: estimating how long a project will take to complete. It?s hard for me to ever know when a picture is complete. There is always tweaking and perfecting to be done, at least thru my eyes.

The perfect client is: Pat Katz. I just finished doing all the illustrations for new book she released. The book it?s self was all about anti stress so it was very hard to stress out thru this project.

How I balance life and work: my life is my work. I am not a workaholic or a slave to what I do, but I just simple love what I am doing. If this is not what I worked at , I would be drawing anyway.
I am forever thankful that as a newly wed that my wife is working hard at her career as well. Often times we end up in the office working side by side.

Customer Service is: being brutally honest.

Something I have learned along the way: Love what you are doing by doing what you love.

How I spend my money: I just bought the new Mac pro. Yikes I am excited about that.

What annoys me: this is going to sound weird, but when a T.V. is on but the digital box isn?t and there is just a black screen and I can hear the frequency. That sounds drives me nuts.

I prefer not to: ever break my hand!!!

I'm in awe of: besides my wife (laugh) Other illustrators. The talent that is out there and, the lack of. I often spend time on the drawingboard.org to be inspired.

Something I have never done: I have never been tattooed. Someday..... maybe.

thank you Brian and great luck pursuing your dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the opportunity, I'm honoured to be first!

You girls are always fun to be around!